||Procurement and Logistics Officer process purchasing transactions for electronic materials, supplies and services. The key responsibilities include day-to-day operations in the areas of forecasting/purchasing and coordinating between customer’s requirement and factory shipping schedule handling as well the inbound transport/freight requirements. A Procurement Officer should have knowledge of supply chain, production and processing, relevant tools and technology, applicable regulations and standards, administration and management.
|Scope of Tasks
- Process purchase requisitions / orders. Follow-up with Suppliers on deliveries and coordinate with Inventory to ensure that all items are delivered on time and updated in the system without delays.
- Execution and monitoring of all regular purchasing duties, advise Procurement Specialist of any discrepancies/amendments of any POs as part of the process.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists. Maintain rating system as a tool for measuring delivery adherence for future reference at the time of PO issuance.
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance
- Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies
- Responsible to manage general procurement and petty cash purchases and should be capable for buying whenever required.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management.
- Review and approve shipments and documents from suppliers according to agreed INCOTERMS®.
- Arrange, track and keep trace of inbound Courier whenever required.
- Maintain and develop the relationship with existing freight forwarder with main focus on flawless and swift transport keeping a tight control on costs.
- Yearly sourcing out of new freight partners and valuation of current model to ensure cost minimization and optimize time/cost ratio.
- Direct reporting to the Supply Chain Manager (SCM).
- Bachelor’s degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree is preferred (e.g., a bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a business field such as economics, logistics, supply chain management, operations management, finance or engineering, mathematics, or statistical analysis). A professional designation related to supply chain is considered an asset.
- Experience with handling logistics and shipping.
- Software Knowledge / Skills MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and preferred to have experience with Procurement related ERP system(s).
- Ability to do multitasking; good team player with a strong personality and Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- English is a must in reading, writing and speaking. Good command of Italian language.
||United Arab Emirates, Dubai
|Standard Working Hours
||Sunday to Thursday 9:00 am till 7:00 pm.
||Negotiable. Includes Health insurance, transportation, accommodation
||04-NOV-2014 for submission of Resumes. If short-listed, interviews will be scheduled with SCM and a second/ final interview will be scheduled with the CFO.